Public Adjusters for Hurricane Damage
In the wake of such devastation, our adjusters are there for you as your advocates and guides, responsible for managing your commercial insurance claim as you focus on the next critical steps of your business.
There are key factors to consider when preparing a claim for hurricane damage, given that you may be dealing with both windstorm and flood damages often covered by different insurance policies and handled by different adjusters. Without a proper grasp on this situation and a thorough understanding of your commercial insurance policy, you, the business owner, can be at a disadvantage and not receive what you truly need to restore your business.
As you begin to make decisions to maintain and restore your business, a crucial decision can be to hire a public adjuster immediately to prepare and manage your claim. We level the field when dealing with your insurance company. Our adjusters guide you and advocate on your behalf as we evaluate and document your damage in detail to negotiate a claim for the maximum amount. Whether it be a New York, Pennsylvania, or Maine insurance claim for hurricane damage, our public insurance adjusters are ready to help you recover more, sooner. Contact our offices in Portland, Albany, Utica, Syracuse, Rochester, Buffalo, and Scranton for help with your hurricane damage insurance claim.
What To Focus On After Hurricane Damage
What is my agent/broker’s role? Will his/her role be active or passive? When faced with supporting your position or the insurance company’s, where will he/she stand?
The insurance company hired a construction estimator. What do I need to know?
Wind Damage vs. Storm Surge vs. Flood. What is covered?
Why is a claim strategy so important?
Am I impacted by coinsurance?
Forensic Deconstruction may be required in order to determine the possible structural damages caused by pressure vs. suction and differential pressure (wind flow on two opposite sides of any building components such as roofs, walls, structural members, etc., which could deform or dislodge materials).
Is there coinsurance in your policy? Properly managing coinsurance requirements can prevent financial disaster. Not properly managing coinsurance requirements can put you out of business! If there is, what does it mean? If there is, did your insurance adjuster explain it you? How is coinsurance calculated: on replacement cost or actual cash value?
Is there a methodology to properly document the loss?
Is a moisture survey necessary? Why or why not?
When mold is an issue, be sure to hire professionals to record RH%, document the damage, and create a moisture map before removing ALL wet building materials.
Prompt inspection and documentation is key to a successful claim. It takes a trained professional to identify and document windstorm damage. Do you have the right expert lined up? You should not just rely on the insurance company’s experts.
The report from the roofing expert you choose can make all the difference in your recovery.
Repair vs. replacement of roofing can be a challenging issue. Are you familiar with matching issues/rules? Are you familiar with patching issues/rules? What about warranties?
Wind-driven rain vs. leakage. The difference can affect your recovery.
What happens following an extraordinary storm when drying equipment, generators, remediation labor, and other resources are unavailable for days? Weeks?
Property Damage Losses Commercial Claims Recovery Process
How Our Public Adjusters Help You
- Evaluate Fully reviewing your insurance coverage.
- Strategy Developing a claim management strategy.
- Compliance Determining policy compliance issues.
- Valuations Completing detailed valuations of building, equipment and inventory losses.
- Interruption Formulating business interruption models.
- Itemization Presenting and supporting an itemized claim package to your insurer.
- Negotiation Negotiating on your behalf with your insurance company.
- Communication Keeping you informed every step of the way.
- Settlement Ultimately settling the claim for the maximum amount and with less hassle for you.
Industries Our Public Adjusters Have Helped
Client References & Testimonials
- A Plus Mini Storage - Miami, FL
- Abbey Village Condominium Association, Inc. - Delray Beach, FL
- Atlantic Quality Construction - San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Diamond Products International, Inc. - Houston, TX
- Dutch Inn Hotel & Casino - San Juan, PR
- Edwin Chester & Barbara Vestal - Portland, ME
- Fairways Home Owners Association - Dorado, PR
- Fargo Investments Inc. - Satellite Beach, FL
- Heights Tower Systems - Pensacola, FL
- Hotel Pierre - Best Western - Santurce, PR
- Joan T Realty LLC - Gulf Shores, AL
- John's Island - Vero Beach, FL
- M. Miller Realty Inc. - Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- Mainsail Owners Association, Inc. - Destin, FL
- Melissa Baker Richter - South Portland, ME
- Mini Warehouse Of Kendall Ltd. - Miami, FL
- Mountain Lake Academy - Lake Placid, NY
- Nations Properties of South Florida, Inc. - Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Perkins Family Restaurant and Bakery - Satellite Beach, FL
- Riviera Casino - St. John's, Antigua, Antigua and Barbuda
- Rockland / Grand Plaza - Nannet, NY
- Swiss Chalet, Inc. dba Best Western Hotel Pierre - San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Town House Condo - San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Turabo Medical Center Ltd. - San Juan, Puerto Rico
…we did not have the time, effort and knowledge that were required to settle the claim. If not for the effort of Richard Smith and the staff of Adjusters International we would not have received the value of our loss. Their performance met and in some respects exceeded our expectations… I would definitely recommend this firm to anyone needing their services.Frederick D. Ellery
In the spring of 2013, the Village of Watkins Glen and Schuyler County suffered a devastating fire to its new, 15,000-square-foot Shared Services Building. This services facility was the headquarters or central location of key departments for the county’s and village’s operations. The Adjusters International Basloe, Levin & Cuccaro public adjusting team was chosen to manage the county’s and village’s property damage insurance claims while ensuring that public services continued unhindered. After initial offers from both insurance carriers at much lower levels, AI/BLC was able to negotiate and secure a total recovery amount of $3.2 million dollars.
Wilbert’s, a prominent three-location automotive recycling operation across Western and Central New York, suffered a devastating fire to a new 10,000-square-foot building at its Williamson location. As this building was the center of business for that location, Adjusters International/Basloe, Levin & Cuccaro (AI/BLC) immediately established temporary solutions to mitigate the losses and also developed strategies and objectives to make sure Wilbert’s received an optimal insurance settlement.
New Energy Works, a leading timber company in America, suffered winter-related roof collapse to one of its main 15,000-square-foot buildings. When operations could have been left in limbo, our public adjusters quickly took control of the insurance claim process to help make sure New Energy Works kept running and did not lose customers to competitors.
Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria — Helping Policyholders Recover From a Disastrous Hurricane SeasonWe discuss Hurricanes Harvey, Irma & Maria and their impact on the people, areas, and economy as well as how home and business owners can properly insure themselves for this exposure in coming years ...