Numerous counties in Central New York were affected by severe flooding over the weekend. As such home and business owners are working tirelessly to clean up the ensuing water damage. We put together resources to help policyholders with their clean-up efforts and to also aid in beginning the insurance claims process.
- As of 7/3/17, a Federal Declaration has not taken place yet. However, “If your address is not currently in a declared area, you may still be able to apply online now. The system will let you proceed if early registration is open for your state or county. Your application will be processed if your county is added to an active declaration.”
- Red Cross Shelter located at Oneida Herkimer Madison Boces
- 4747 Middle Settlement Road New Hartford, NY 13413
- WKTV – List of road closures and re-openings
- WKTV – Picente Delcares State of Emergency in Oneida County
- “12 Ways to Reduce Water Damage”
- "Coverage Limitations in Your Standard Home Insurance Policy – Is Your Property Covered for That?"
- “Flood: Understanding and Recovering from One of Nature’s Worst Disasters”
- “Four Signs You Need to Hire a Public Adjuster”
- “Preserving and Protecting Your Damaged Property: What Are Your Responsibilities?”
- “Suffered Damage to Your Property? Tips to Help Inventory Your Possessions”
- “What to Expect Following a Disaster: Costs, Clean-Up and Coverages”