Public Adjusters for Tornado or Other Windstorm Damage
Tornado damage can be catastrophic or sometimes hidden and easily missed, and therefore compromising to your commercial property. Our public adjusters are experts in assessing such damage and negotiating a claim that will get your business what it needs to fully recover.
If your commercial property is damaged by a tornado, you may not be able to see the damage with the naked eye. This could be a cracked foundation or a loosened roof. How will you know if your property is safe? The first step is to engage a licensed engineer to determine if any structural deficiencies like these have occurred. If the damage is identified, our public adjusters can step in to help assess the full scope and prepare and manage your insurance claim.
Our team of public adjusters evaluates and documents your damage in full detail, and negotiates with your insurance company for a maximum claim recovery. As your trusted advocates, our adjusters make sure you obtain what you need to rebuild your property and business. With offices in Portland, Albany, Utica, Syracuse, Rochester, Buffalo, and Scranton, our public insurance adjusters expertly handle Maine, Pennsylvania, and New York tornado damage commercial insurance claims.
What To Focus On After Tornado or Other Windstorm Damage
What is my agent/broker’s role? Will his/her role be active or passive? When faced with supporting your position or the insurance company’s, where will he/she stand?
The insurance company hired a construction estimator. What do I need to know?
Wind Damage vs. Storm Surge vs. Flood. What is covered?
Why is a claim strategy so important?
Am I impacted by coinsurance?
Forensic Deconstruction may be required in order to determine the possible structural damages caused by pressure vs. suction and differential pressure. (Wind flow on two opposite sides of any building components such as roofs, walls, structural members, etc., which could deform or dislodge materials).
Is there coinsurance in your policy? Properly managing coinsurance requirements can prevent financial disaster. Not properly managing coinsurance requirements can put you out of business! If there is, what does it mean? If there is, did your insurance adjuster explain it? How is coinsurance calculated: on replacement cost or actual cash value?
Is there a methodology to properly document the loss?
Is a moisture survey necessary? Why or why not?
When mold is an issue, be sure to hire professionals to record RH%, document the damage, and create a moisture map before removing ALL wet building materials.
Prompt inspection and documentation is key to a successful claim. It takes a trained professional to identify and document windstorm damage. Do you have the right expert lined up? You should not just rely on the insurance company’s experts.
The report from the roofing expert you choose can make all the difference in your recovery.
Repair vs. replacement of roofing can be a very challenging issue. Are you familiar with matching issues/rules? Are you familiar with patching issues/rules? What about warranties?
Wind driven rain vs. leakage. The difference can affect your recovery.
What happens following an extraordinary storm when drying equipment, generators, remediation labor, and other resources are unavailable for days? Weeks?
Property Damage Losses Commercial Claims Recovery Process
How Our Public Adjusters Help You
- Evaluate Fully reviewing your insurance coverage.
- Strategy Developing a claim management strategy.
- Compliance Determining policy compliance issues.
- Valuations Completing detailed valuations of building, equipment and inventory losses.
- Interruption Formulating business interruption models.
- Itemization Presenting and supporting an itemized claim package to your insurer.
- Negotiation Negotiating on your behalf with your insurance company.
- Communication Keeping you informed every step of the way.
- Settlement Ultimately settling the claim for the maximum amount and with less hassle for you.
Industries Our Public Adjusters Have Helped
Client References & Testimonials
- Alpine Village - Lake George, NY
- Brixmor Property Group - Boston, MA
- Cambridge Manor - Clark Mills, NY
- City of Utica - Utica, NY
- Clark Mills Redevelopment Company - Clark Mills, NY
- Diamond Products International, Inc. - Houston, TX
- Edwin Chester & Barbara Vestal - Portland, ME
- Harding Nursing Home - Waterville, NY
- Hillcrest Manor Apartments - Utica, NY
- King Craft Company - Herkimer, NY
- King Pin Recreation Center Inc. - Rome, NY
- Marina At Lighthouse Point - Rouses Point, NY
- MCD Real Tech - Waterville, NY
- Melissa Baker Richter - South Portland, ME
- SJM Investments, LLC dba Days Inn - Gulfport, MS
- St. Thomas More Mission Society, Inc. - Utica, NY
- The Urban Group - New York, NY
- Utica College - Utica, NY
- Warehouse of Utica, Inc. - Utica, NY
- Waterville Hotel - Waterville, NY
- Westgate Shopping Center - Albany, NY
- Williams Furniture & Appliance - Herkimer, NY
Our Marina was devastated by a tornado that swept through the area...It was abundantly clear from the outset that we would require the services of a public adjuster given the slow initial reaction form our insurance company...and the inherent complexity of the claim [Your firm] hit the ground running, assembled a team of experts to thoroughly assess and document the damage, reviewed our coverages and directly engage our insurance carrier...More importantly, we were able to devote our full time and attention to the difficult task of rebuilding the Marina in time for the opening [of our next] season.Gary TitheringtonManaging Partner - Treadwell Bay Marina & Resort, Plattsburgh, NY
In the spring of 2013, the Village of Watkins Glen and Schuyler County suffered a devastating fire to its new, 15,000-square-foot Shared Services Building. This services facility was the headquarters or central location of key departments for the county’s and village’s operations. The Adjusters International Basloe, Levin & Cuccaro public adjusting team was chosen to manage the county’s and village’s property damage insurance claims while ensuring that public services continued unhindered. After initial offers from both insurance carriers at much lower levels, AI/BLC was able to negotiate and secure a total recovery amount of $3.2 million dollars.
Wilbert’s, a prominent three-location automotive recycling operation across Western and Central New York, suffered a devastating fire to a new 10,000-square-foot building at its Williamson location. As this building was the center of business for that location, Adjusters International/Basloe, Levin & Cuccaro (AI/BLC) immediately established temporary solutions to mitigate the losses and also developed strategies and objectives to make sure Wilbert’s received an optimal insurance settlement.
New Energy Works, a leading timber company in America, suffered winter-related roof collapse to one of its main 15,000-square-foot buildings. When operations could have been left in limbo, our public adjusters quickly took control of the insurance claim process to help make sure New Energy Works kept running and did not lose customers to competitors.
Video02.01.2017Carl Gross, VP and CAO of Globe Midwest/Adjusters International gives business owners some tips on how to handle tornado insurance claims